At Chapel Haddlesey, we are passionate about building a nurturing environment in which your child is fully supported in their learning. Accordingly, each pupil in Class 1 is assigned a key member of staff to look out for them and help you with any questions you may have.
Your child's key person will be allocated in their first week of school.
Your child's key person will help you and your child by:
- Helping them to settle into the school environment throughout the year.
- Ensuring that all your questions are answered.
- Observing your child throughout the school day and supporting their learning where appropriate.
- Communicating with you about any significant steps forward that your child has made, verbally or through our online journal, 'Tapestry.'
- Helping your child with their personal care, including washing hands, going to the toilet or if relevant, changing nappies.
Please note that you can still approach and communicate with the other members of staff in the setting and Mr Marshall remains the first point of contact for every child in Class 1, if you have any concerns about your child’s learning.
If you have any questions about the key person approach, or about how it will help your child, please just ask.